Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Releasing Fear





 (Image I saw while meditating. This artist captured it perfectly!)

I can't believe it's been more than a month since my last post! Much has happened and October has flown by just as fast as the bowl of nearby candy corn.

My biggest accomplishment is releasing FEAR. I played in front of at least 100-150 people twice this past week or so and it was amazing to finally embrace my own power and intention while playing. People can even talk to me and it doesn't disturb me as much. Music blown off the music stand...not a problem.

I'm still trying to establish bringing in more harpists into the hospital because the demand is growing. It seems I'm sensing the fear that no department really wants to be "responsible" for this. I'm giving this hospital an opportunity, but I'm also fine with moving on to another venue if it resonates like a harp string and is welcomed with opened wallets...I mean arms.

Random elevator hospital observations: apparently there are parents more than willing to sacrifice their children in strollers to the elevator gods.

And on a serious note: there is change in the air. Can you feel it? Stuff is happening, Earth changes. 11.11.11 should be a fun date to meditate on. However, I am playing for the Veteran's Day service at the hospital and somehow they want me to do a rendition of Taps on my harp (which is traditionally done with a bugle). My military-employed husband raises his eyebrow at this one...

2 comments:

  1. 1. Good for you!
    2. Oh my...seems you'll have to add some flourishes in between the highlights of "Taps" just to keep the vibration going. Good luck and happy "ending"! (Actually, now that I think about it, "Taps" does sort of seem appropriate for 11/11.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl - "Taps" does sort of seem appropriate for 11/11

    Doesn't it though? I was thinking of flourishing in there somewhere...

    ReplyDelete